The Marlborough Forest
1st Richmond frequently hikes and camps in Ottawa's Marlborough Forest.
As a result of Scouts Canada's new rules, parents are required to drop off
their Scout at our outings, rather than being transported by the Leadership
team. Directions to the Marlborough Forest are given below.
We will generally start our excursions at the head of the Ruffed Grouse
Trail. There is a parking lot near the north entrance to the Ruffed
Grouse Trail off Kettles Road.
- Leave Richmond, travelling south-west on Perth Street (Franktown Road).
- Turn left (south-east) on Munster Side Road (heading in the direction away
- Continue along the Munster Side Road, past Jock Trail and Soldier's Line.
The Munster Side Road ends at Kettles Road.
- Turn left (north-east) onto Kettles Road.
- Just after the crossing the train track (be careful; this is a unsignalled
crossing), the entrance to the Ruffed Grouse Trail can be seen on your right.
- You can pull in to park on the grass just past the trail entrance. If this
is at a Scouting event, you should see one of the Leaders' vehicles already there...